Thursday, August 6, 2015

Well so much has gone on since I have posted last.... and none of it great.


My baby brother was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. He has Sarcoma. It is in his leg and they are pretty sure he is going to loose his leg.... He has lost well over 100lbs so far, and still has a hell of a struggle ahead of him.  I am his caretaker when he has to go to St.Louis for chemo.  We spend 3 days down there, about 27 hrs of chemo in total. The chemo went terribly wrong. He had agreed to a trial med  on top of the regular chemo, and he had some nasty adverse reactions to it.  I watched him go from my 35yr old brother to an infant in the matter of a few minutes, and it lasted several days... I was terrified. He wasnt in hospital after the chemo, just during, we were on our own to deal with the nastiness... It wasnt easy but we did it.   We made it home.  The morning after we got into town we found that the chemo nurse forgot to remove the plug to his port in his chest, so we had to rush to an oncologist to have them remove it.... *Rolling eyes*  

Well he finally got to go home to his house day before yesterday, and its so hard to not just run over there everytime I hear him sad.  *sigh*

 Well I am going to find something to do around here to keep myself busy with miss Pepper...


Talk to you soon, and probably alot more often..




No comments:

Post a Comment